Twitter / SageYarn

Friday, December 30, 2011

Hexagons

Hexagons… generic, not Norah’s

This first one is the one I prefer & would probably knit
From outside-in
Figure out your CO by your gauge – your sts/in multiplied by 18 (for instance 5 sts/in x 18=90 CO)
Join, knit one round
Mark 6 evenly spaced points
Knit the next round, decreasing 2 stitches at each marked point. You can “design” some here by picking your fav decrease combo.

I did… CO 90, marked every 15th stitch with a removable marker, k to within one stitch of this st. and did a centered double decrease – slip 2 stitches knitwise together, k1, pass slipped stitches over)

K2 rounds

Continue to decrease until you hit the center (6 sts remain) – be sure to put 2 even rounds in between decrease rounds to keep it flat.

From the center-out
CO 6 sts, join, knit one round
*K1, yo, repeat from * around
K 2 rounds *k1, (k1, yo, k1) in the same st. repeat from * around
K2 rounds
K2, *yo, k1, yo, k3, repeat from * around ending with a k1 instead of a k3
K2 rounds
K3, *yo, k1, yo, k5, repeat from * around ending with a k2 instead of a k5

  • Repeat yarn over round, adding 2 stitches in between the (yo, k1, yo) group each round (for instance the next round would have *yo, k1, yo, k7 repeat * around…
  • You can “design” some by replacing the YOs with your favorite increase method
  • I marked the k1 “point” stitch with a removable marker in the first round or two so I wouldn’t mess up
  • Knit 2 rounds in between each increase round to keep the hexagon flat
  • Stop when you have your sts/in x 3 in between the points.

Something to note – my chunky inside-out hexagon with the yarnovers didn’t block pointy. I think it was the chunky yarn on size 8DPNs :-D

If anyone finds corrections in here let me know via PM and I’ll edit it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit of a beginner. I have the hexagons knitted, how to I connect them together?

Anonymous said...

Beginner. When your finished you will join them together either by hand stitching them together or crocheting then together. :-)

Unknown said...

Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together.


#together
www.ufgop.org

Mark Hardy said...

knitting outside/in hexagons. What do I do when I have reduced down to 6 stitches?

Gittlesg said...

How would you make the block as a knitted square with decreases

matina said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic. com . I can breathe much better and It feels comfortable!